Thursday, March 12, 2009

Some Updates!

I have actually updated my etsy shop! <---click that link! I added six 4 ounce braids of Falkland top for spinning. 3 each in two different colorways: "Sweettart"
Sweettart NF falkland top 005

"Jawbreaker"

Jawbreaker NF falkland top 001

I really love how cheery these are! Each braid weighed out just over 4 ounces prior to dyeing (from 4.10-4.20 ounces) And Falkland is so soft and bouncy! Micron count is about 26 (almost as soft as merino).

Also (I know this is a late posting!) I went to the Madrona Fiber Arts in Tacoma last month and scored some gorgeous stuff.. A huge honkin' 8 ounce bump of superwash merino in "Wish You Were Here" from Crown Mountain Farm


a braid of handdyed Rambouillet from Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs (on etsy)


and a 8 ounce skein of natural silver alpaca!

I am thinking of spinning the rambouillet to match the gauge of the alpaca and knitting a vest for me with them..

No comments:

Post a Comment