Saturday, June 7, 2008

fiber

I need more fiber in my diet. Trust me. But my DH doesn't always agree. BUT! my birthday is soon (the 11th) so I got to order my own birthday present. ;)

I ordered a big honkin' ball of SW merino from Crown Mountain Farms, in the colorway "She's Like a Rainbow" and a 4 ounce ball of natural white BFL. I can't wait! It was really hard to pick a color though.. I will definantly be buying more.

I am signed up for two fiber swaps happening this summer. First is a Fiber swap through swap-bot.com, and the other is Hush-Hush Handspun Hootenanny! I am so excited. The first swap takes place the end of this month, and it's just a straight fiber swap. The second (HHHH) I will spin 4 ounces of handspun yarn and also send 4 ounces of fiber! SO COOL! I really want to know whom I'll be swapping with so that I can go shopping and plan my attack packages. I LOVE doing swaps, it's so fun to create packages and gifts for others. I love birthdays and christmas. It's so much fun hunting for the perfect gift :)

I am also being a swap mom over on knittinghelp.com. It is another 'Surprise Theme' swap, and it should be fun! I love this swap, and if i wasn't doing two fiber swaps, I would probably participate in this one as well...

So if you are on KH, come over and join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment