Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tour de Fleece

So I am thinking of doing this (found out about it through ravelry in the Lime and Violet group).... I just need to figure out exactly what it is! I *think* it is just a novelty way to encourage spinners to spin more. If so, I am in! If not.. can someone clue me in? As of today, I am sorta kinda sure that I am in and a member of the LnV Team :)


Guidelines (NOT RULES):

  1. Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 5th through Sunday July 27th. Days of rest: Tuesday July 15th, Monday July 21st. (Just like the actual tour)

  2. Spin something challenging Wednesday July 23rd. (The last hard climbing mountain stage in the Tour - the famous L’Alpe-d’Huez)

  3. Take a button if you want one. Then we can use the button on our blogs in show of solidarity. Take it from here or grab a clean one from the flickr pool. Come join the flickr pool!

  4. Wear yellow on Sunday July 27th to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour - but here we are all ‘race leaders’)

  5. Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter - think FAST), Polka-dot (climber - as in uphill), and white (rookie)

Ravelry Group
(Original 2007 blogger who started it here)

No comments:

Post a Comment