Friday, August 1, 2008

too much

I realized (too late) that I stretched myself too much this month. I am going to barely be able to complete my swap obligations. And that makes me depressed. I like to be a great swap partner. But now? I feel like a just-enough one. I was going to hand dye some silk tussah for my HHHH partner, but I can't find it. So now I will be sending her some natural wools. Also, plying the coiled yarn is so very slow going for me, and I am not sure I will be able to get it all in one skein, which bums me out a bit.

I also realized, that I shouldn't agree to do things I might not get off my lazy ass and actually do.
I am referring to doing 'the hundred'. I started with a bang, I even wrote down the schedule to take with me on vacation. What happened you ask? I forgot the card at home, and had no internet while I was in Idaho. So, I have to start over. And I will. In conjunction with the hundred challenge, I am going to do the Couch to 5K challenge. I decided to use a podcast to help with the interval training. I am using the DJ Steve Boy podrunner set of podcasts here. I've downloaded the first 3 weeks and the intro and put them on my old mp3 player (a GPX) .

I don't think I will be updating much of my progress on either front. I think it stresses me out and makes me feel too pressured. This doesn't mean I won't be possibly be writing updates though. :)

2 comments:

  1. If you want, talk it over with your downstream pal and maybe if it's ok with them, for you to have an "extension". It's understandable that time just slips away, but also it's important that you deliver something that you feel good about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't need an extension, i am just sad I can't find the silk to send. So I talked it over with her. :) I'm happy about sending the wools, I was just *really* excited about the silk, KWIM? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete