Friday, October 31, 2008

ADORABLE!

I signed up for an ornament swap. But not just any swap! It's LSG! and Tacky! Go me!

Though i decided to make a 'tacky' ornament instead of buying anything (cheaper for me). I decided to knit something, as I figured it's an ornament so it can't take too long to do.

And I found it.
It's simple, basic, and so fracking adorable!
(ravelry page, pattern link)
I've made two as trial ornaments, using up some handspun that was a navajo ply of leftover singles on a bobbin. BFL in Melon (from Miss Babs)

korknisse ornaments 004

korknisse ornaments 2 002

Since my handspun was not worsted weight, I cast on 20 instead of 16. For the very long hat, I simply decreased until I had just 3 stitches, then knit i-cord until I had used up almost all of the handspun. I love these. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment